E-resources and databases
starting with "H"
- Halsbury's Laws of Australia
Halsbury's Laws of Australia is a legal encyclopaedia providing a comprehensive overview ofAustralian law, and is a must-have reference tool for legal professionals in private and public sectors, librarians and students. Halsbury's 90 titles cover both mainstream and little known subject areas.
- Han ji dian zi wen xian zi liao ku (漢籍電子文獻資料庫)
The database contains digitized materials essential to research in traditional Sinology, including almost all of the important Chinese classics, especially those related to Chinese history.
- Handbooks in Economics
A reference source on various branches of economics. Surveys the current state of the topic from journals and is suitable for researchers, graduate students or as a teaching supplement.
As a collaborative of academic and research libraries, HathiTrust preserves and provides lawful access to 17+ million digitized items.
An online, fully searchable, image-based collection of law journals, treaties, reports, historical legal texts, constitutions and more. Provides full text access with exact page images of the documents in PDF format as they appear in the original print. The collection has a strong focus on the United States, but also includes Australian, UK and international sources.
- Historical Abstracts
This abstracting and indexing databse of literature covers world history (excluding the United States and Canada) from the 15th century to the present. It also includes full-text linking to open access (OA) journals.
- Historical Statistics of the United States : Colonial Times to 1970
This resources contains annual, time-series data on United States' economics, population or infrastructure from 1610 to 1970.
Part 1 covers: Population. Vital statistics and health and medical care. Migration. Labor. Prices and price indexes. National income and wealth. Consumer income and expenditures. Social statistics. Land, water, and climate. Agriculture. Forestry and fisheries. Minerals. Part 2 covers: Construction and housing. Manufactures. Transportation. Communications. Energy. Distribution and services. International transactions and foreign commerce. Business enterprise. Productivity and technological development. Financial markets and institutions.
- History Culture Series [Korea]
A multimedia database of Korean history and culture. The database covers subjects such as archaeology; Korean history, and art history.
- History Vault: NAACP Papers
The digitised archive of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP):
- NAACP Papers: Board Of Directors, Annual Conferences, Major Speeches, And National Staff Files: ProQuest’s digitisation of the NAACP Papers begins with the central organizational records: thousands of pages documenting important meetings, monthly reports to the board of directors, and the association’s annual conferences. This module also collects special reports by NAACP officers and committees on issues including the Ku Klux Klan, discrimination in public employment, the depiction of Blacks in motion pictures, economic equality, the church and civil rights and the changing attitudes of Black youth.
- NAACP Papers: The NAACP’s Major Campaigns— Education, Voting, Housing, Employment, Armed Forces: The Education files in this module document the systematic assault on segregated education that culminated in Brown v. Board of Education in 1954. Fighting for voting rights was one of the NAACP’s earliest major campaigns; the 1916-1950 files document the NAACP’s campaign against the “white primary,” discriminatory registration practices and the “grandfather clause.” The armed forces portion of this module is an exceptionally rich documentary source on African American military service between 1918 and the early 1950s.
- HKLII (Hong Kong Legal Information Institute)
Provides free access to primary legal materials and some publicly available secondary materials from Hong Kong including access to databases on cases, legislation and other legal reports, decisions and papers.
- House of Commons / House of Lords Parliamentary Papers, Index
Access to the bibliographic details of all House of Commons and Lords parliamentary papers published from the beginning of 1987. This information can be used to locate the relevant microfiche in the Official Documents microform collection located in the Chifley Library at this call number:
CHIFLEY OD reference J301.M37.
- House of Lords Parliamentary Papers 1800- 1910
Coupled with the already digitized House of Commons Parliamentary Papers, the House of Lords Parliamentary Papers will provide a complete picture of the working and influence of the UK Parliament during the pivotal 19th century. The research reveals previously unknown material such as statistical data, oral evidence, and letters and business papers relating to not only Britain, but also to the many parts of the world that were under British influence. As the working documents of government, the papers encompass wide areas of social, political, economic and foreign policy, and many contributors were found outside the official world — providing evidence to committees and commissions during a time when the Lords still wielded considerable power.
- Humanities Full Text
Provides full text, abstracts and bibliographic indexing of scholarly sources in the humanities and specialized magazines. Source documents include: feature articles, interviews, obituaries, bibliographies, original works of fiction, drama, poetry, book reviews, reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, operas, plays, and radio and television programs.